Thursday 29 September 2011

Homemade Lasagna


I am one of those cooks that uses a dash of this or that so my amounts will be approximate!  I used my own homemade spaghetti sauce!  So whatever you use will work too!

Putting this lasagna together was quiet simple so any beginner can do it. 


Ingredients



My own homemade sauce about ten cups or so
1 pound cottage cheese
1 egg
1 shaker of grated Parmesan cheese
1 box of uncooked lasagna noodles but you can use the precooked ones too. 
One long block of Kraft Mozarella Cheese, or used the already grated kind.   If block cheese slice it. I would use a whole long package of it.

Method

Mix together, cottage cheese, egg and grated Parmesan cheese from shaker in bowl
Boil lasagna noodles as per instructions on box.  The pre cooked ones are ready to layer in pan.
Lightly grease bottom of pan
Then start layering the lasagna as follows:

1 light layer of spaghetti sauce
1 layer lasagna noodles
1 layer of all the cottage cheese mixture, spread evenly
2nd layer of lasagna noodles
layer of mozarella cheese
layer of meat sauce,
3rd layer of noodles
Cover with spaghetti sauce
Top with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese I find sliced from the brick is best as it is a little richer.

If you get to the end before adding last layer of cheese and find out your sauce is too thick you can
take a jar of spaghetti sauce and add a little before adding the final layer of cheese.  Experiment with it because you cannot wreck it.

Cooking time will vary depending if you are using pre-cooked noodles.  I prefer cooking the noodles myself and then rinsing them in cold water.  Then if you want to cook it an hour or so there is no problem.  I find they taste better too! If you make it with the precooked lasagna you will only cook this lasagna about 40 minutes maximum.


Serving it with a Caesar salad and some garlic bread and ENJOY!





































No comments:

Post a Comment